Thread: rv wallpapering

Thanks

Red face rv wallpapering

my husband and I bought a 1991 27' RV, it is desperate need of wall treatment. what would be preparation and covering recommendations for the walls of an RV? and what about 'mactack'? the last rv i wallpapered of ours it all peeled off and looked terrible. can anyone help me with this delimma? thank you. Sandy

Thanks

Re: rv wallpapering

I've never done RV's or trailers, but there was a fairly heated discussion on another forum a while back on them. Best advice seemed to be to clean the vinyl that's up, and then prep with a tacky primer like R-35, a Romans' product, or Z-54 from Zinsser. It was also suggested to cut at the vinyl strips that separate the panels. That all made sense to me.
    Chris Murphy
    ScenicHanger.com

NGPP Member
    Thanks

The one time I hung a moble home was a failure. I used a primer that I was told would be good and what everyone seem to use. But the paper popped off as soon as it dried. I gave back all the money for labor and paid for her paper and bailed from job. The one thing that I knew right away, that I had done wrong, was hang a prepasted light weight vinyl. If I was to hang another one, which I don't think I would do, is use a cloth back vinyl with no shrinkage, so that there would be little to no pulling when drying.
    Carolyn
    Believe in Karma

Thanks

A short note to "Thank you very much" for your response and advise. I am going to utilize those suggestions and will get back to you with the results. Until then, I will cross my fingers that this will work. Sandy.

Thanks

I am a paper hanger and Rv owner that redid the complete interior of our MH. Normally in rv's they have 1/8" plywood with a vinyl coating bonded to it. Over time the vinyl began to come loose from the plywood, so I peeling as much away as possible. (heat gun helps) I also removed as much stuff from the inside so there would fewest visible things to trim around. I used a good textured vinyl 27" goods and vov adhesive. Everything is holding up well for 4 years now. I also removed the strips that covers the seams in the sheets and the corner mouldings and just went over them. Since these are moving boxes down the road things move, I have one joint where you can tell it has stretched a small amount. Others that have seen it were really impressed as was I, it really classed up our home away from home.

Tom

Thread Information