Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPA Lead Renovate Right Pamphlet

NGPP Member Michael Baughman C.P.'s Avatar
    Thanks

EPA Lead Renovate Right Pamphlet

NGPP members

Thought you may want this information and to pass it on

I called EPA at 800-424 -LEAD [5323] to order the Renovate Right Pamphlet we are required to give to our clients with pre 1978 buildings.
    Current hold time 45 plus minutes.
    They no longer have the Renovate Right Pamphlet.
    I was told if and when they get them we are limited to two copies for us to make copies of and they were not taking names for a standby list.
    I was told to call the U.S. Government printing office at 866- 512-1800 to get copies or print myself.

Option 1) Phone in order to U.S. Government printing office at 866- 512-1800
    Cost $20.00 per 10 copies, $2.00 each. Phone wait time 10 minutes.

Option 2) Order from U.S. Government printing office web site at http://bookstore.gpo.gov/ .
    Cost $20.00 per 10 copies, $2.00 each.
    The government web site is currently down and the are working on fixing it.

Option 3) Print from own printer. Link to form is: http://epa.gov/lead/pubs/renovaterightbrochure.pdf
    This is a 19 page full color pamphlet with photos
    Cost TBD

Option 4) Take PDF file to local printer.
    A over the phone quote from Kinkos was $209.93 for 20 color copies stapled not bound. Cost $10.50 each

I have made one copy off my printer and have ordered 10 copies from the U.S. Government printing office by phone.
    I was told by the U.S. Government printing office this pamphlet is on a 30 to 60 day back order and allow additional 7 days for shipping.
    Note this is the pamphlet we are required to give to our clients of pre 1987 homes and have them sign for. We are also required to keep a signed receipt from this pamphlet the client signs for three years along with the documentation we are now required to meet the new lead guild lines or face fines.

Hope this helps other not waste 2 plus hours to get this Pamphlet

Baughman Wallcovering
    Michael Baughman C.P.
    E-: baughmanwallcovering@cox.net
    California State Contractors License Number 638658
    Please visit our updated website at http://baughmanwallcovering.com

NGPP Member
    Thanks

Re: EPA Lead Renovate Right Pamphlet

From an APN post on 3/22:

"You can get up 400 copies per year. No Charge. Shipping time is 2-5 weeks. Mine are on the way! Got a human right away, quick, easy, painless. You can also order on line I think at http://www.cpsc.gov"

Mine arrived in 36 hours. There is currently a back-order problem. You will find they are also available in paint stores, S-W has had them on hand for a while. Lowe's, Home Depot and hardware stores I can't say.

It is not full color, only the cover is. It take 6 sheets letter size paper to reproduce it. Estimated cost $0.33 per copy. Time is dependent on your copier printer. With a 12 ppm laser printer you could turn out 40-50 finished, assembled pamphlets in about an hour plus scanning time.

Thanks

The Renovate Right Pamphlet form I down load from the epa.gov/lead site has 10 pages with color photos and 5 pages with two color text (red and Green). The balance of the pages are one color green,like the money this is going to cost us. I will look at the cpsc.gov site and see what I can find. I am just passing on the information I received from the Gov. lead phone rep. If this was bad information thanks to the official Gov. phone line.

Resistance is Futile, you will be assimilated Bill Archibald's Avatar
    Thanks

For those too lazy to go to the EPA web site, I have attached the pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Is there an "official receipt" that we can download for signature?? Do we need to get it notorized?? I've heard of penalties from $37,000 per day to caning in the public market, to limb reductions... Do we need to pay for an archival service?? Sounds like you could have to pay a visit to the Iron Maiden (not the band) if lost...although either way might be retribution for ineptness.
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

Thanks

Glenn,

There are many rumors and fears flying around the internet, and although I do understand and appreciate your levity, I am trying to encourage people to take the course and/or study the RRP rule thoroughly so that they can speak from knowledge about this. I am not taking you to task personally, but using your comment as a springboard to promote my objective.

This rule is complicated with too much to risk to allow ourselves to opine with less than full knowledge. As I have said many times on many forums, I personally agree with the intent of the law, but I see great failings with the implementation, education, and enforcement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Archibald View Post
    Glenn,

There are many rumors and fears flying around the internet, and although I do understand and appreciate your levity, I am trying to encourage people to take the course and/or study the RRP rule thoroughly so that they can speak from knowledge about this. I am not taking you to task personally, but using your comment as a springboard to promote my objective.

This rule is complicated with too much to risk to allow ourselves to opine with less than full knowledge. As I have said many times on many forums, I personally agree with the intent of the law, but I see great failings with the implementation, education, and enforcement.
    Just how are we to gain "full" knowledge when it seems to change daily? I have read countless pages of documents on this subject( You,I am sure have read much more) and to tell you the truth,I still have not done anything, nor am I going to do anything different until I know for sure what the hell is going on. Just me,I do not advocate this attitude for anyone else.

Thanks

Re: EPA eliminating opt out for residential contractors.

Change in lead law, see link below.
    http://www.paintsquare.com/news/arti...rackid=7307899

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nelson View Post
    Just how are we to gain "full" knowledge when it seems to change daily? I have read countless pages of documents on this subject( You,I am sure have read much more) and to tell you the truth,I still have not done anything, nor am I going to do anything different until I know for sure what the hell is going on. Just me,I do not advocate this attitude for anyone else.
    Chris,

At least by taking the course and participating in as many discussion groups as you and I, one can know where the confusions and contradictions lie (and I do mean LIE).

By not studying and not being knowledgeable, one's opinions and actions would be based on rumor, fear, and perceptions.

You have made a choice based on research of many legitimate sources. I.e., you have made an educated choice.

-Bill

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Archibald View Post
    Chris,

At least by taking the course and participating in as many discussion groups as you and I, one can know where the confusions and contradictions lie (and I do mean LIE).

By not studying and not being knowledgeable, one's opinions and actions would be based on rumor, fear, and perceptions.

You have made a choice based on research of many legitimate sources. I.e., you have made an educated choice.

-Bill

Well.I guess the lead has not caused toooo much damage, yet, thanks.

Thanks

You can order the NEW Renovate Right Brochures at www.rrpmanuals.com if you go to products, you can order on line.

Thanks

I found the pamphlets at a Sherwin Williams paint store cheaper. $10.00 for 20 copies. Then a week later the ones I bought from the GOV site came at $20.00 for 10 copies.

Thanks

On the www.rrpmanuals.com site they are $0.55 a piece but you have to purchase a case of 200.

Thanks

I got 25 for $5 at S-W; they were packaged together, so should be an item in their computer inventory (my neighborhood store- who I rarely do business with- had them but only the manager knew of them). I'd be careful to buy too many, as the requirements are 'evolving' with time (for ex., the 'opt-out' provision was rescinded), and unless you have heavy demand for them, you might be spending money unnecessarily on a product that will change.
    Chris Murphy
    ScenicHanger.com

Thanks

I got the pamphlets at SW for $5.00 for 25. They had them on the counter but not listed in inventory in the computer
    Dick Wilson C.P.
    NEO Chapter

Thread Information