Thread: Average cost to install

Thanks

Cool Average cost to install

How much does it cost to install wallpaper? I've had contractors who charge by the sq.ft. and others by the roll. If it is a basic hang, average solid vinyl wallcovering, minimal wall prep (prime & minor repairs), pre-pasted for let's say a 15ft x 10 ft - 8ft ceiling high room - how would you charge?

Now, what about contract wallcovering? Do you base on sq.ft.? (Type II vinyl, minimal prep, corridors. What is the going sq.ft. rate?

I'm asking because a friend asked me how much does it cost to install and I have no idea. Can anyone help? Note: I'm just looking for a guideline to inform my customers. (We are an independent paint & wallpaper supplier)

Thanks

Re: Average cost to install

Something like that I would charge by a day rate. But I really don't give any pricing without seeing the jobsite/material/etc first. There is no "going rate".

NGPP Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mauigirl View Post
    How much does it cost to install wallpaper? I've had contractors who charge by the sq.ft. and others by the roll. If it is a basic hang, average solid vinyl wallcovering, minimal wall prep (prime & minor repairs), pre-pasted for let's say a 15ft x 10 ft - 8ft ceiling high room - how would you charge?

Now, what about contract wallcovering? Do you base on sq.ft.? (Type II vinyl, minimal prep, corridors. What is the going sq.ft. rate?

I'm asking because a friend asked me how much does it cost to install and I have no idea. Can anyone help? Note: I'm just looking for a guideline to inform my customers. (We are an independent paint & wallpaper supplier)
    As prices vary from region to region , it would probably be wise to check with installers that are in your area. When you say you are a paint & wallpaper supplier , does that mean a retail outlet? If so, I would think it is safe to assume you have a few paperhangers who frequent your store for tools and supplies.
    As Tim said it is hard to give a price without more information. There are too many variables when pricing an installation to quote it over the internet or phone.

NGPP 1st VP
    Thanks

Thanks, Tim and Mark you both have valid points

It is very hard to price a project out of ones area. The Blue Book is what I use both for marketing and business

Do not know if it is in your area - www.thebluebook.com - 1-800-431-2584

it can't hurt to try,

Vincent J. LaRusso C.P.

NGPP Member
    Thanks

about 600.00

Thread Information